Are you looking for a good recipe to make kombucha at home? Look no further! At YAYA Kombucha we make kombucha every day and we are happy to share our recipe with you. That is why you will find a kombucha starter kit in our webshop, so that you can make kombucha yourself at home. The starter package contains everything you need to make 1 liter of kombucha at home. This package contains:
- 100 ml liquid kombucha starter (organic)
- A certified organic SCOBY
- A detailed English and Dutch manual on how to brew a basic kombucha
You can easily make kombucha yourself. Follow the next few steps in making kombucha:
- Making kombucha starts with brewing strong, sweet tea.
- Add a SCOBY and starter liquid (sour kombucha) to the tea. This creates the perfect composition of yeasts and bacteria.
- The yeast and bacterial culture convert the sugars, during fermentation, into acids and aromas.
- Leave the fermentation at room temperature for 10-20 days.
The kombucha is ready after about two weeks. Do you want to make even more kombucha? Then you can use the kombucha from the previous batch as a new starter liquid.
Recipe kombucha Perfect Serve
If you want to give your kombucha a festive touch, you can easily add ice, herbs and/or spices. Pour the kombucha into a nice glass and add various types of garnish:
- Citrus fruit
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh mint
- Red fruits and berries
- Passion fruit
How you want to drink kombucha is entirely up to you! Are you still curious about flavoured kombucha? The kombucha from YAYA Kombucha is available in several flavors and you can find these in our shop.